I’ve had a wonderful sabbatical from teaching at McNally Smith College of Music this last year. I’ve had exciting opportunities to tour with Kat Perkins as her music director, tackle scoring projects for organizations such as Best Buy, United Health Group, and the University of Minnesota, and I’ve put out several solo piano albums.
Over this last year, I’ve come to realize how much I value the opportunity to help other musicians achieve their goals and develop their abilities. I’ve been so blessed with incredible teachers and mentors along the way, and it is such a privilege to be able to do the same for others.
So I’ve decided to give music lessons this summer!
I’m happy to teach any age and experience level, from absolute beginner to advanced. I can teach keyboard/piano, composition, Logic/Ableton, music theory, ear training, and sound design/scoring. I’ll be teaching out of my home, which is in Richfield, just east of Southdale Center.
Here’s how it will work:
- Lessons begin the week of June 11th and go through August 16th, a span of 10 weeks.
- There won’t be lessons during the week of the 4th of July.
- You get one flex “off week” of your choice.
- This means you’ll have 8 lessons over the course of those 10 weeks.
The rates are:
- Eight 55-minute lessons for $400
- Eight 25-minute lessons for $240
Summer tuition must be paid in full at the first lesson. I’ll also provide audio recordings of our lessons so the students can go back and listen to what we worked on.
Here are the available timeframes:
- Mondays, 1 – 8 PM
- Tuesdays, 12 PM – 4 PM
- Wednesdays, 10 AM – 2 PM
To sign up, simply go to the contact button at the top of this page and send me an email with the following information:
- Who will be taking lessons
- Preferred day and time
- What the student would like to learn
I anticipate that I’ll reach my cap for students relatively quickly, so if you’re interested, please let me know right away!